“How do I know it’s my intuition?” This is a common question I get. Intuition is a superpower I wish more people would develop for themselves. It’s a superpower everyone has access to and when properly understood can guide your life in ways that don’t always make sense, but make life an adventure (in ways fear can never provide).
Your Brain Function and Fear
Because your brain is naturally designed to protect itself (and you by default), it keeps you small and second-guessing stirring up fear. You feel it through sudden rapid heartbeat, the quickening of your breath, etc… But you are not your brain. In the same way you have legs and arms, you are not your legs and arms (you control what they do). The same is true about your brain. When you understand this, you can observe your thoughts and ideas with more clarity and less of the fear influence from your brain.
What Is Intuition?
Intuition: [noun] is the ability to understand something immediately, without the need for conscious reasoning. It’s latin root, intueri, denotes spiritual insight or immediate spiritual communication.
That immediate communication (what I call your Spiritual Force) is often dampened by your brain’s natural job to protect you (especially from your natural intuitive insight that welcomes things rooted in change, new, and unfamiliar). This is why fear and intuition often get confused.
The Difference Between
Fear and Intuition
When Fear Speaks:
- Fear is emotionally charged (intense, raw, and can cause you to be explosive and feel deep anger).
- Fear can feel cruel, causing you to demean another human being, or worse, belittle yourself.
- Fear reduces trust in others and yourself.
- Fear causes anxiety and worry (and it won’t let up), which means if you allow it, you’ll feel more uncertain about life.
- Fear left unaddressed, will interfere with your everyday life causing a cycle of fatigue, trouble concentrating, irritability, and lack of sleep.
- Fear isn’t felt in your gut as a “confirmation” but rather a reactive response.
- Fear shows up when it triggers old hurts from your past.
- Fear removes your ability to feel centered, grounded, and in alignment (mind-body-spirit).
When Intuition Speaks:
- Intuition is neutral in feeling (there is no emotion over-consuming you).
- Intuition feels centered and you’ll know it in your gut. It’s why they say, “trust your gut instinct.”
- Intuition feels affirming and right (never negative).
- Intuition is clear and crisp information that doesn’t require over-explanation or proof, you innately know it’s right.
- Intuition often comes with solutions (including your ability to test them out and confirm).
Your Spiritual Force Awakened Is
Your Self-Confidence Awakened
In the same every functioning human being was born with a brain, so too, were you born with the ability to use your own Spiritual Force (your intuition). It beckons you to pay attention through inspiration and sporadic “aha moments.” But then what?
You did a lot of work to train your body and brain to work for you, yes? You learned to walk, talk, read, and write. You may have invested and pursued higher education, too. Every day you’re using your body and brain, and when treated well (with healthy food and exercise), it performs optimally for you. The more you invest in yourself, the better you are. No exceptions.
Your Spiritual Force is more than Sunday church and morning meditation. It’s you NOW. You know that a muscle not used can become atrophied, so I beg you to consider, what is happening to your own Spiritual Force when it’s not nurtured consistently? If you haven’t chosen to strengthen your own intuitive ability, why?
- You’ll trust your own intuition and inner “knowing” which naturally lets you live with more confidence.
- You’ll STOP looking outside of yourself for answers.
- You’ll feel STRONGER about making tough decisions and making them more swiftly.
- You’ll understand energy and discern it quickly enabling you to act upon them with love and greater living in mind.
- You’ll find yourself more open-minded and therefore place yourself in the path of more opportunities and solutions.
- You’ll discover your Soul Truth and Divine Purpose (yes you have one, even if you don’t believe it right now).
- You’ll reveal your own hidden talents that you didn’t realize you had.
- You’ll be able to move through and heal past hurts and wounds, and you’ll be able to move through future challenges with greater ease and confidence to overcome them.
- You’ll dampen down your internal critical and judgemental voice (as well as that of others toward you).
- You’ll understand the rhythm and flow of the Universe and feel how you fit into the Universe with harmony.
- You’ll be able to show more compassion and understanding with others (including yourself).
- You’ll enhance your ability to let go what doesn’t serve you with greater ease.
- You’ll make better choices in every area of your life: wealth/prosperity, emotional strength and stamina, relationships (personal and professional), physical health, and spiritual.
How To Awaken
Your Spiritual Force
Engagement is more than a buzzword. When properly understood, it can change your world in AWEmazing ways. Do you engage your Spiritual Force? Do you engage your Spiritual Force consistently? If you’re thinking too hard on these questions, then the answer is NO.
A consistent Spiritual Practice is integral to supporting your life:
Meditation: Excellent to include in your life for general well-being. It need not be transcendent to work, either. Quiet time to reflect and bring awareness to your thoughts and ideas is a very good start.
Senses: Bring a higher awareness as much as you can using your 5 senses. Not only will this bring awareness (the first step to any transformation) front and center, but will deepen your connection to everything and everyone around you, awakening you to things you may have otherwise never noticed.
Dreams: With a Spiritual Practice in place, dreams make their way into your world. Keep a journal by your bed and record what you remember, especially what you felt about it. What connections or solutions do feel about them?
Creativity: Scheduled creativity in your life INVITES INTUITION and REMOVES requirements and expectations. CREATIVITY provides a state of FREE FLOW which ignites your intuition and ability to find clarity in the situations that cause you to stifle (this includes your wealth and prosperity). It’s no accident Creative and Creator is only a few letters shy of being the same. 🙂
Read Books: There are many books published to support you. I recommend physically going to a bookstore and practice your intuition there. Go by how you feel selecting the book you think will help you and TRUST IT. If you can’t make it to the bookstore, I recommend this great book available on Amazon, The Psychic Pathway.
More Articles You’ll Want To Read:
- What You Must Know If You Want To Open A Healthy Third Eye Chakra
- 5 Practices That Help Empaths Stay Empowered
- 4 Signs You’re Having A Serious Spiritual Awakening
Escape the Mundane: Go to the places that expand the energy and connection to the Universe (Higher Source) in ways that allow you the freedom to explore more connection for yourself, too. Spirituality For The Stubborn Soul is an excellent place to start and you don’t have to leave your home! The more you engage in this way, the more you invite your own intuition to expand and make deeper connections leading to your own positive transformation.Go to the places that expand the energy and connection to the Universe in ways that allow you the freedom to explore more connection for yourself, too.Click To Tweet
Examine and Align With Your Values: If your Spiritual Force is valuable to you, what are you doing to support it? Saying it’s important is not the same as living by your words.